My sister and I were looking for mug cakes to try – we came across Kirbie’s Cravings and their Microwave Matcha Mochi Cups.
We decided to make our own version but instead of matcha (green tea) we decided to use chrysanthemum tea.
Chrysanthemum tea is a flower-based tea made from chrysanthemum flowers. It has a floral aroma and the version our family commonly drinks also has a sweet honey taste to it. I have pictured the tin we use below. We get it at our local Asian groceries.
You can look up the many claimed medicinal qualities of this tea – we drink it because we like the taste 🙂
Here’s what you need (for our version):
- 4 tbsp wholemeal plain flour
- 4 tbsp Low GI sugar
- 1 tsp chrysanthemum powdered tea
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp skim milk
- 1 egg
Here’s what you do:
- Mix it all together in the mug
- Cook in microwave for 2 minutes (depends on microwave)
- Stick a skewer into it to make sure it comes out clean
- Drizzle a little honey on top
It’s quick – its easy – it’s delicious!
Do you have a favourite mug cake that you make? I’d love to hear about it – my next one will be a green tea version – then maybe a red velvet – or peanut butter…hmmm now I’m hungry 🙂
- 6 Edible Flower Recipe Ideas (theflyingfugu.com)
- Recipe: Chocolate-Peanut Butter Mug Cake! (planetmarsz.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate Cake In A Coffee Cup (geekalabama.com)
Thanks for the recipe. Take care, Linda
Diana Rambles said: