My sister (Jade) made her version of these tarts after seeing Jamie Oliver make them on one of his 30 minute meals TV program. She ended up making these on Christmas eve – it was so hot here in Sydney and we were all dripping with sweat but we all couldn’t resist scoffing down this tasty little treat!
What do you need?
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 185g chilled butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup low GI sugar
- 1/3 cup milk (play this by ear you don’t want it too wet)
- 200g almond meal
- 125g butter room temp
- Zest of one lemon
- 2/3 low GI sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Pastry ingredients – Mix wrap in cling wrap and rest in fridge for 30 min
- Filling ingredients – Combine all
- Preheat oven 180 degrees and get pastry from fridge
- Spray muffin tin with coconut oil spray (or any other oil spray)
- Sprinkle flour and roll out pastry about 1/2 cm thick we like lots of crust 🙂
- Cut to squares to fit muffin tin
- Layer the squares into the tin. Press in lightly to gain the shape of muffin tin
- Take approximately a tablespoon of the filling mixture and roll it into a ball. Then do the same with a teaspoon of filling mixture.
- Add a big ball to one muffin section. Then add 1/2 teaspoon of jam. Add the little ball of mixture and then add another 1/2 tspn of jam
- Put in oven for around 30 min
- Turn down to 150 and bake for another 10 min
- Remove from oven to cool then remove from tin and eat your heart out!
Makes 12 and one monster one for the chef!!