In a previous post I shared with you all that I dressed up as Jellybean for my sister’s 30th Birthday.
She asked that I make a cocktail for her – so a hunting I went in Pinterest for the perfect one for her.
I was inspired by this pin of Strawberry and Basil Sangria. When I went to the store to buy all of the things needed there was no Basil to be seen so I replaced it with Mint.
- 1 punnet of strawberries
- 1 large pink lady apple
- 1/2 bunch of mint leaves
- 1 bottle of Chardonnay
- 1/2 cup low GI sugar
- 1 cup soda water
- 1 cup pink lady apple juice
What to do:
- Thinly slice the strawberries
- Dice apple into small bits
- Put all of the mint leaves in a bowl and stab away at it with a fork – the pin describes this in a much more refine way – but the gist is stab stab stab 🙂
- In a large jug place the fruit, sugar and mint. Let it marinade for 10-15 minutes
- Add soda water – gently stir
- Add apple juice and chardonnay – mix well
Take care, until next time…keep restyling!
- One-Glass White Sangria Recipe (mommyofamonster.com)
- Simple Sangria Recipe (popinsomniacs.com)
- Get the Skinny: Mardi Gras Cocktails (wgno.com)
- Oscar Night Snacks (glitzgirlzglamourguide.com)