Normally it is made with milk, sugar and some sort of fruit – mangoes, coconut, avocados – anything! Today’s version I made especially for my niece, Mischa. Mischa has a few allergies so this version was made with this in mind.
What you need?
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 teaspoons raw sugar
- 1 cup rice milk (this can be replaced with any milk you prefer)
What you do?
- Put a small saucepan onto a medium heat – add the blueberries and the raw sugar
- Cook until the sugar has dissolved – the blueberries will start to release it’s water
- Keep cooking until the syrup thickens up a little
- Set aside to cool
- Add in the rice milk
- Pour into ice candy plastic bags – or any type of icy pole moulds
- Freeze until solid
- Enjoy – nom nom nom!
Mischa was my little helper for this project – she particularly loved it when we were cooking down the blueberries because I used the wooden spoon to apply the blueberry syrup as lipstick on her lips – hehehe!
Do you have any special icy pole recipes that you could share with us? It’s super HOT here in Australia – so any excuse to help us cool down would be great!
Take care, until next time…keep restyling!