We had an unsuccessful photo canvas living in the garage – this was the perfect project for my niece and nephew to get involved in 🙂
Here’s what we did:
- First I painted the canvas with a layer of white acrylic paint. Set aside to dry
- Myself and the kiddos just coloured the whole canvas in different coloured crayons. In no ordered way – just however we felt
- I then painted over our crayon masterpiece with black acrylic paint with a foam roller. This was to ensure it would be a nice thin even layer. Set aside to dry
- This was the fun part! We got a toothpick each and just started scratching into the black acrylic paint. Again in no ordered way – anything goes!
Here are some close ups of our finished artwork.
What do you think of our artwork? We love it! Now I just need to find a place best to display my new artwork 🙂
Take care, until next time…keep restyling!
- Add Color to Your Space Without the Commitment of Painting (apartmentguide.com)
- Scratching the Surface: Amy Donaldson (artsyforager.com)
- Easy DIY Art Collection (abeautifulmess.com)