It’s Amour here again. Last Saturday was my little sister’s (Jade) 30th birthday – I can’t believe she’s now 30 years old! In order to celebrate this special occasion she asked for everyone to dress up as something beginning with the letter ‘J’.
After much thought I decided to come dressed up as a Jellybean. How did I do this? Well it was really quite simple 🙂
- Make a headband out of Jellybeans
- Make a ring out of Jellybeans
- Embellish a t-shirt with the word JELLYBEAN
Here are the steps I took to make my headband:
- Lay out Jellybeans on waxed paper
- Cover in a layer of clear spray paint make sure all sides are covered
- Let dry overnight
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for two more days. This is to make sure that they Jellybean doesn’t melt and get sticky later on
- Cut a circle from the lid of a plastic container and glue on a piece of felt to cover it
- Starting from the middle of the felt covered side, use a hot glue gun to stick on the Jellybeans
- Once one layer is complete do a second layer
- Using another piece of felt glue the circle to the headband
Repeat the same process for the ring. For the t-shirt I just cut out the letters and painted on the word JELLYBEAN with different coloured fabric paints. Ta da! What do you think of my outfit?
Amour is a Jellybean
Coming soon is the costume I made for my 1-year-old niece – Jasmine.
Take care, until next time…keep restyling!